New York City Breach of Employment Agreements Lawyer

If you are about to sign an employment contract to be hired as an executive, professional or managerial employee you should have the agreement reviewed by an attorney before you sign it, to make sure it says what you think it says.  Very often employees think they have a binding agreement when in fact they do not.  Conversely, there can be times when the employer doesn’t realize it has entered into a binding agreement and thinks instead that the employee is still covered by the employment- at-will doctrine.  Verbal agreements may also be enforceable, but more frequently because of  legal technicalities they very often are unenforceable.

Cary Kane LLP has experience reviewing employment contracts and you can schedule a consultation by calling (212) 868-6300.

Breach of Employment Agreements

If the agreement you have is a binding contract it can be enforced either through an arbitration clause or in court.  Issues in the agreement dealing with bonuses, commission, salary, stock plan participation, non-compete and cause for  termination  and length of employment frequently make up these disputes.  If your agreement provides for arbitration or if your employment is with a company in the financial industry it is likely that arbitration will be required to enforce the agreement.

If you  currently have an employment agreement with a non-compete clause or language covering the non-use of your employer’s confidential or proprietary information, before accepting new employment it would be a good idea to have an attorney review the agreement to find out if your new employment may be considered a breach of the current agreement.

Needless to say, if you receive a letter or court papers asserting that you have breached a non-compete clause or a confidentiality clause you need to see qualified counsel immediately.

Discuss Breach of Employment Agreements with a New York City Attorney

If you believe that your employer has violated the terms of your employment agreement, our lawyers at Cary Kane LLP may be able to help. Call (212) 868-6300 to schedule a consultation.