Susan Bruno – Partner, ERISA
1350 Broadway, Suite 1400
New York, NY 10018
“It is difficult to overestimate the importance of employee benefits. Our job, as employee benefit plan attorneys, is to ensure the continued viability of these plans while protecting the participants’ benefits“
Ms. Bruno has spent the bulk of her professional career dealing with benefits issues, first, as an in house attorney for life and health insurers and, for the past seven years, as a benefits generalist, specializing in Taft-Hartley multiemployer benefit plans.
She is a contributing author to BNA’s Employee Benefits Law, a leading treatise for lawyers practicing in the employee benefits field and has spoken before meetings of the New York State Bar Association and the Nassau County Bar Association on employee benefits law.
Ms. Bruno received her law degree from New York University School of Law. She received her B.A. from Stony Brook University with high honors in psychology where she was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. She is married, with two children.
- New York University School of Law, J.D. 1987
- Stony Brook University, B.A. 1983
- 1987 New York
- 1987 United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- 1987 United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- 2013 U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- 2014 United States District Court, Western District of New York